PU foam can be divided into the categories of rigid foam and PU flexible foam. Rigid foam is a hardened, usually polyurethane-based foam in the form of board materials, while PU flexible foam is used in mattresses, seat upholstery, and insulation elements, for example.
PU rigid foam
RAMPF supplies rigid foams under the RAKU® TOOL brand as board materials that feature outstanding mechanical properties while also being lightweight.
Moreover, rigid foams that are used for insulation, in decorative applications, etc. are produced on the basis of Recypol® .
RAKU® TOOL board material
RAMPF has been producing board materials for over 30 years. As the market leader, we have developed the world’s largest production of styling, modeling, and working board materials. Our product portfolio comprises a high-performance standard range that we can quickly adapt to meet technical requirements on the market. Besides covering a density range from 0.08 to 1.7 g/cm3, the product range also includes adhesives and repair pastes that are specially matched to the board materials.
The advantages of RAKU® TOOL board materials at a glance:
- Very fine surface finishes
- Homogeneous material quality, as it does not have the fibrous structure of wood
- Excellent suitability for manual processing and machining
- Dimensional stability thanks to low coefficient of thermal expansion
- Excellent mechanical properties, e.g. polishable, abrasion resistant and resistant to chemicals
- Best quality “Made in Germany”
- Available immediately