High-performance plastics for pattern and mold making
RAMPF Tooling Solutions is making high-performance epoxy and polyurethane materials for pattern and mold making the focus of its exhibit at GIFA 2019 in Düsseldorf, June 25 - 29, Booth 15C25 / Hall 15.
RAMPF Tooling Solutions has been developing and producing epoxy and polyurethane systems for pattern and mold making since 2006. The products under the RAKU® TOOL brand are used to manufacture initial samples and in both small- and large-scale series production.
At GIFA, the world’s leading trade fair for casting technology, RAMPF is presenting the following highlights:
Thanks to its outstanding abrasion resistance, the RAKU® TOOL WB-1258 polyurethane board can be used to produce well over 100,000 replications. This was previously only possible with liquid systems, which involve a complex manufacturing process and higher costs, or with metals.
The high-performance board material can be used to manufacture core boxes and pattern plates that ensure production is fast and simple, while also maintaining excellent abrasion resistance, dimensional stability, and dimensional accuracy.
The core box / pattern plate is milled directly using CAD data, which ensures highly accurate models. This dimensionally stable polyurethane board material is easy to process, and changes can be made with ease.
RAKU® TOOL WB-1258 boasts minimal sand adhesion and outstanding resistance to chemicals, and there is no swelling. RAMPF also offers an adhesive in a matching color.
The versatile RAKU® TOOL WB-1404 polyurethane board for molds and tools boasts:
- Excellent resistance to amines and styrenes
- Excellent abrasion resistance
- Outstanding ability to withstand cleaning with dry ice
- High degree of polishability
- High compressive modulus
- Low coefficient of thermal expansion
Besides being suitable for foundry models, pattern plates, and core boxes, RAKU® TOOL WB-1404 can also be used in testing equipment for metal parts, models and molds for polyester and composite applications, hammer tools, vacuum forming molds, and low-pressure RIM molds.
Thanks to the high replication quantities supported, this three-component face casting system from RAMPF Tooling Solutions is particularly well suited to the large-scale series production of core boxes and pattern plates.
- RAKU® TOOL PC-3458 / PH-3958 boasts excellent abrasion resistance and can be used to produce over 170,000 replications. It is the only system with a heat deflection temperature (HDT-B) of 95 °C and is ready for use just one day after machining. It can be cast by hand up to a maximum of approx. 25 kg.
- RAKU® TOOL PC-3459 / PH-3958 boasts excellent abrasion resistance – accommodating over 80,000 replications – and is ready to be used after just five to seven days of RT curing. It has a heat deflection temperature (HDT-B) of 65 °C and can be cast by hand up to a maximum of approx. 110 kg.