Our board material has sparked the interest of a very talented woodcarver. What he has produced with it looks fabulous!
See for yourself – in the new RAMPF Tooling Solutions Spotlight!
1. Transfer of the original design onto the board material MB-0670.
2. Cut out with jigsaw. There is no need to apply a lot of pressure as is the case with harder woods.
3. Fix the cartouche on an MDF board with two screws and then create a horizontal level around the convex part of the cartouche using a router.
4. Deep drilling and modeling with wood carving tools.
5. Finishing: tool mark finish (visible cut of the chisel). This finish just looks a little more authentic and suggests more craftsmanship. Sanding will give it a more smooth unnatural look.
Further application areas
- Master models
- Master models for composite molds
- Molds for composite prototype parts
- Architectural models
- Wind tunnel models
- Water channel models
- Thermoforming tools for prototypes