RAKU® TOOL - A moisture resistant alternative to wood!
1. Transfer of the original design onto the board material MB-0670.
2. Cut out with jigsaw. There is no need to apply a lot of pressure as is the case with harder woods.
3. Fix the cartouche on an MDF board with two screws and then create a horizontal level around the convex part of the cartouche using a router.
4. Deep drilling and modeling with wood carving tools.
5. Finishing: tool mark finish (visible cut of the chisel). This finish just looks a little more authentic and suggests more craftsmanship. Sanding will give it a more smooth unnatural look.
Patrick Damiaens – Ornamental & Heraldic Woodcarver:
Modeling with MB-0670 is a dream:
there is no wood structure present,
which means that you do not suffer
from 'cutting against the grain'
or from 'end-grained wood'.
The ability to cut in all directions
makes cutting and shaping
a very easy and smooth process.