The all-rounders based on polyurethane and silicone
The basic task of sealing systems is to efficiently protect components against moisture, chemicals, and various environmental influences.
RAMPF Polymer Solutions is a leading specialist in liquid to highly thixotropic two-component foam gaskets and elastomer seals based on polyurethane and silicone.
The foam gaskets are processed using FIPFG (formed in place foam gasket) or FIPG (formed in place gasket) technology.
Unlike dispensing system gaskets that are inserted or stuck on, the foam gaskets are applied directly to the component. They expand in situ and bond very quickly, which reduces cycle times and also ensures more efficient processing.
Our RAKU® PUR and RAKU® SIL systems combine efficient sealing with the highest quality and exceptionally easy handling.
By developing new products and optimizing existing ones, RAMPF ensures the toughest demands in terms of seal quality, sealing geometries, and mechanical, thermal, and chemical resilience are always met.
What’s more, processing properties such as reactivity, viscosity, and color can be tailored to customer requirements.
Many years of experience in product development and processing technology
Perfect sealing thanks to automatic application of the liquid gasket
ISO/TS 16949 and ISO 14001 certification
Economic benefits thanks to accelerated and simplified production and assembly processes
Used by leading manufacturers for both indoor and outdoor applications, including in the automotive and electronics industries
Reliable and lasting tightness – the gasket is firmly attached to the component and cannot be removed
Reduced noise and vibration
No tool costs; flexible adaptation to modified components using NC technology
Choosing the most suitable sealing material is a decision based on
- Area of application
- Customer-specific chemical requirements
- Processing procedure
Polyurethane foam gasket
Area of application
- Temperature resistance, long-term: from -40 to +100°C; short-term: +140°C
- Chemical resistance to fats and oils, detergents, aqueous solutions, etc.
- Outstanding physical properties such as compression set, tensile strength, elongation at break, etc.
- Low water absorption
- UV-resistant formulations possible
- Excellent adhesion to a wide variety of substrates
- Coordinated pre-treatment systems available
- Compression rate: 30 – 60%
- UL 94, FMVSS 302
Silicone foam gasket
Area of application
- Temperature resistance, long-term: from -60 to +200 °C; short-term: +300 °C
- Exceptional chemical resistance for extreme environments
- Optimum physical properties such as compression set across the entire application temperature range
- Extremely water-repellent
- Excellent UV resistance
- Outstanding adhesion to a wide variety of substrates
- With pre-treatment if necessary
- Compression rate: 10 – 30%
- UL 94. FMVSS 302
We support you with your processes – from original idea to finished product.
We’re always there for you – with production sites on three continents and sales partners worldwide.