Antibacterial Foam Gasket Certified to New Standard DIN EN ISO 846 (11/2020)
The antibacterial foam gasket RAKU® PUR 32-3294-2 by RAMPF Polymer Solutions has been certified to the latest standard DIN EN ISO 846 (11/2020). The two component polyurethane system is used in a range of applications, including AC systems, HVAC, control cabinets, lights, and lamps.
developed the brand new RAKU® PUR 32-3294-2 to satisfy the requirements of the latest and much more stringent version of DIN EN ISO 846 (11/2020). The polyurethane system has now been successfully certified by the Institute of Hygiene of the Ruhr District. In conjunction with certification to VDI 6022, this means no mildew, yeasts, or bacteria can form, grow, or reproduce on the material.
The FIPFG (formed in place foam gasket) system is used in:
- AC systems and HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning) in hospitals, universities, libraries, museums, trade fair buildings, shopping malls, as well as residential and office buildings
- Control cabinets (including in the food industry)
- Lights and lamps
RAKU® PUR 32-3294-2 can be applied both to flat surfaces and inside grooves, and the product impresses with its outstanding physical properties:
- Top sealing quality in terms of IP requirements
- Suitable for both indoor and outdoor applications
- Very low levels of compression set
- Shore hardness can be flexibly adjusted (Shore 00: 40 70)
- Extremely low water absorption
What’s more, RAKU® PUR 32-3294-2 boasts an impressive economic advantage – thanks to its very low density, a minimal amount of material needs to be used. The integral RAKU® speed technology means the material is tack-free at room temperature in a very short time, so cycle and handling times are extremely fast.
Jens Muhl, Technical Sales Manager Sealing Systems at RAMPF Polymer Solutions:
With RAKU® PUR 32-3294-2, we offer companies a top-performing sealing system that satisfies the most stringent antibacterial requirements. This newly developed product also highlights our company’s innovative strength. Thanks to our highly qualified staff and state-of-the-art R&D infrastructure, we offer a great deal of flexibility and can implement new market requirements very quickly.