Sustainable, economical, exceptional quality – model and mold engineering with RAMPF
High-performance Close Contour Pastes, board materials, gelcoats, and resin infusion systems for parts manufacture using carbon fiber are at the heart of the presentation by RAMPF Tooling Solutions at Moulding Expo 2017 in Stuttgart from May 30 to June 2 – Hall 4, Booth C29.
Finest surface quality with RAKU-TOOL® Close Contour Pastes
Close Contour Pastes from RAMPF are applied to a close contour, lightweight, and cost-effective supporting structure. After curing of the epoxy systems, milling is performed using CAD data. The close contour form of the parts means less material is used, milling is quick and easy, and less waste is generated.
RAKU-TOOL® Close Contour Pastes can be processed using all standard mixing and dispensing systems. Specially designed repair systems are available, and all industry-standard paints can be used. RAMPF Tooling Solutions also offers its customers a paste application service.
The paste highlights at Moulding Expo 2017:
- Homogeneous and seamless surface on components of any size
- Paste can be applied automatically using a CNC machine
- Easy processing – thixotropic formulation means no slump on vertical surfaces
- Overhead application is straightforward
- Can be processed after 10 hours of curing at 25 °C
- Minimal dust build-up thanks to good chip formation
- Less finishing of milled surface due to high surface quality
- High precision part thanks to good dimensional stability
RAKU-TOOL® CP-6060, CP-6083, and CP-6102 for economic large-scale modeling
- Overhead application up to 20 mm
- Large surface areas in a single application
- Excellent mechanical properties and surface quality
- Less finishing thanks to homogeneous and seamless surface
- Particularly suitable for large-scale models in the wind energy, marine, and automotive industries
RAKU-TOOL® board material, gelcoat, and resin infusion system for parts manufacture using carbon fiber
RAKU-TOOL® WB-1404 board material, RAKU-TOOL® EG-2102 / EH-2950-1 gelcoat, and RAKU-TOOL® EI-2500 / EH-2973 resin infusion system were used to produce a center wing for a model airplane.
The original model was milled from RAKU-TOOL® WB-1404. This was followed by surface finishing and application of release agent to the milled original model. The mold / mold segments were produced using the gelcoat RAKU-TOOL® EG-2102/EH-2950-1 (high dimensional stability also during the post-cure process, little shrinkage).
Mold manufacturing was then carried out via resin infusion with RAKU-TOOL® EI-2500 / EH-2973 and carbon fiber. The parts were produced as carbon fiber sandwich using RAKU-TOOL® EI-2500 / EH-2973 and an In-Mold-Coating (high surface finish without rework, no fiber imprints).
RAKU-TOOL® WB-1404 board material
- Good resistance to chemicals
- Can be polished
- Low coefficient of thermal expansion
- Good dimensional stability
RAKU-TOOL® EI-2500 / EH-2973 resin infusion system
- Excellent surfaces
- Heat resistant up to 138 ?C
- Good flow characteristics, unfilled, low viscosity
“We’re delighted to be showing visitors to Moulding Expo 2017 our customized solutions for cost-effective and high-quality model, mold, and tool engineering,” says Jochen Reiff, Director of Sales and Marketing at RAMPF Tooling Solutions. “As well as our RAKU-TOOL® products, we also offer expert advice, one-on-one customer service, and swift technical support.”