Brand new from RAMPF – Flame-retardant Polyurethane Board
Innovation for interior finishing and fittings – RAMPF Tooling Solutions has launched its brand-new flame-retardant board RAKU® TOOL FP-0590. The polyurethane semi-finished product is certified to European fire safety class C-s2, d0, EN 1350-1 and to UL94V0-2mm*.
The flame-retardant properties of RAKU® TOOL FP-0590 make it particularly suitable for manufacturing interior finishing components, paneling, ceiling elements, decorative elements, and furnishings.
Flame retardancy refers to properties that limit, slow down, or prevent the spread of fire and is particularly important in public transportation. This makes the new polyurethane board appealing to the shipbuilding industry and the aviation and railway sectors, especially where the European fire safety class C-s2, d0, EN 13501-1 applies.
RAKU® TOOL FP-0590 boasts the following features:
- Low density (comparable to maple and larch wood)
- Easy to process, either by hand or milling machine, allowing screw threads to be tapped directly
- Good edge strength
- High dimensional stability (thanks to its low coefficient of thermal expansion)
- A fine, homogenous surface structure (without fiber structure)
- Easy to paint (with all standard paint systems)
- Completely impervious to water and moisture
An adhesive with properties that have been specially matched to the flame-retardant board is also available.
Denny Föhn, Director of Sales & Marketing at RAMPF Tooling Solutions:
The fact that RAKU® TOOL FP-0590 is classified as flame-retardant means that more interior finishing and fitting applications can benefit from the advantages of this polyurethane board. What is more, we can offer companies that work predominantly with wood and timber materials another high-performance alternative.
When it comes to interior finishing applications that are not subject to fire safety regulations, RAMPF Tooling Solutions has two high-performance polyurethane boards in its portfolio, RAKU® TOOL MB-0600 and RAKU® TOOL MB-0670. These boards have densities ranging from 0.6 to 0.67 g/cm3 and boast good chip formation, fine surface finishes, and excellent dimensional stability.
* All fire resistance and/or flame retardancy tests have been carried out and measured in-house in accordance with UL94V0 testing specifications.